Wills & Deceased Estates
Brunswick Lawyers offers one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to obtain a will in the Brunswick area. Our costs start from $165.00 including GST for a Will.
We can assist you with:
- Drafting & updating wills;
- Applying for Probate or Letters of Administration
- Assistance with claims against wills & estates
- Deceased estate claims / defending deceased estates
- Estate planning administration
- Letters of Administration (in the event that a will is deemed invalid or there is no Will);
- Magistrate Court estate litigation; and
- Assistance with the Family Provision Act 1982
We always recommend keeping your will up to date as it makes distributing your estate far easier on your beneficiaries in what is already a hard enough time as it is.
Letters of Administration
In the some-what complicated event that a valid will has not been left, Brunswick Lawyers can assist you with applying for Letters of Administration to the Supreme Court of Victoria. In these circumstances, there is legislation that details how an estate may be distributed and by whom. The Supreme Court can appoint an Administrator to distribute the estate under the Wills, Probate and Administration Act 1898.
The Family Provisions Act 1982
If you expected to be a beneficiary of a will but have not been provided for, you can make a claim against the distribution of any estate under the Family Provision Act 1982, provided you can clearly set out reasons as to why you should be considered a beneficiary of the deceased estate.
Brunswick Lawyers can help you apply to the Supreme Court of Victoria for Probate in instances where there is a valid will and you have been nominated as Executor of that will. The Supreme Court can then grant probate which authorises you to distribute the deceased estate in accordance with the provisions of the will.